Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Another word: incredible


I know I said The Last Word was the last word, but sweet baby Jesus I've just listened to Richard Keys on TalkSport.

It was, essentially, a live breakdown. This was the Sky chimp's 'driving to Dundee in his socks' moment.

Obviously the dark forces (racist) bit's being picked up everywhere, and clearly he'll never work for Sky again. Hell, he may never work again.

But there are so many other nuggets in there that deserve highlighting.

Here are two of my favourites (but I'll be listening to it again and again, so there may be more):

He takes roughly 20 minutes trying to work out what he should call Sian Massey. It doesn't help, of course, that the process probably starts at 'sugar tits', but oh my God it's painful. At one point I honestly thought he was going to opt for 'assistant person'.

Towards the end of the interview, and by now I think he had stood up and was slowly, absent-mindedly, but very tidily, undressing in front of Hawksbee and Jacobs, he claims "I must have been one of the last people to talk to Sian Massey". Er, Richard...

2 comments:

  1. I just heard a clip on Radio 4. WTF are these dark forces? What is he insinuating?

    LOL - the TalkSport website seems to have crashed.

    This is Scott BTW, but Google is making me stick to this pseudonym.

    ReplyDelete